Sunday 16 January 2011

I am now a Blogger!


I have been meaning to set up a blog for a year now – I wanted somewhere to document my season and training last year and thought I’d jump on the bandwagon of Blogging. I am hoping that once I start I will regularly update it – cue you now not seeing another post until January 2012!
I am not really expecting people I don’t know to bother reading my Blog so I am not going to really introduce myself or my dogs – I however do expect my friends to read my blog religiously!! You have been told!! If I don’t know you; hello and welcome and I hope you enjoy my ramblings J

It is a shame I didn’t get round to doing a blog last year as I would have had a few good things to talk about as all 3 merlies did so well! This season however I am in Grade 6 for the 1st time with both boys so I don’t really expect to have many results to report.
Thinking about it this may be a good thing – as ultimately I want to use my blog as somewhere to document my training and to see how I progress throughout the year; rather than listing my results for you all to read! So if I don’t get any results I will need to be more creative in my posts!!
I ended the 2010 season with a trip to Olympia with Cruze. I can’t really explain how excited I was to get a chance to compete at Olympia, and it was made even more special by being there with several friends. Unfortunately we had a pole in the morning qualifier – Cruze decided it would be ok to launch 12 foot before the jump – I thought it probably wouldn’t be – I was right!


2010 was Dan and Magic’s first season competing and even if I do say so myself I think they did pretty well! Grade 1 to 3 with 1 jumping win and qualified for several finals – not bad with me training him! Now he knows more than me (hmmmm…… ;) ) so he trains himself with a bit of input from me (and hopefully a lot of input from Toni this year!). Magic is one of those dogs that people seem to notice – I think this is helped by the fact that Dan can RUN so they always seem to be fast and look a good team. I have to say I wasn’t a huge fan of kelpies before we got Magic (she is collie x kelpie) – but she has swayed me – and I can see she probably won’t be the last kelpie in this house!



4 comments:

  1. At last!!! Very interesting first blog, and i will be reading it regularly :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. About bloody time Mrs - I look forward to reading it religiously xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good read Sarah :))

    ReplyDelete